I have been struggling to choose which book I wanted to share that I am SO EXCITED will be released soon. There are SO MANY great books coming out within the next couple months, it is hard to choose one to talk about this week! I finally ended up choosing….
Don’t Even Talk About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Coming out March 11, 2014
Honestly, the main reason why I chose this one? Two words. MIND READING.
Need I say anything more?
I probably should.
Here is the summary from Barnes and Noble’s website:
We weren’t always like this. We used to be average New York City high school sophomores. Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects. Maybe a headache. Maybe a sore arm. We definitely didn’t expect to get telepathic powers. But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking. Our friends. Our parents. Our crushes. Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy. That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper. That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.
Since we’ve kept our freakish skill a secret, we can sit next to the class brainiac and ace our tests. We can dump our boyfriends right before they dump us. We know what our friends really think of our jeans, our breath, our new bangs. We always know what’s coming. Some of us will thrive. Some of us will crack. None of us will ever be the same.
So stop obsessing about your ex. We’re always listening.
I have questions after reading this summary that I need to know the answer to asap.
1. Obviously at first it is going to seem like it’s the coolest thing ever and then terrible things are going to happen. What terrible things will happen?!
2. How will Mylnowski do the mind reading with so many people? Will it be like the Buffy episode where Buffy doesn’t have much control? Or will it be like Benway’s book Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June (my review of that) where if I recall correctly the girl with the madd mind reading skillz has some control over her power?
3. WHAT ARE THEIR CLASSMATES THINKING ABOUT?
4. How will the girls react to their classmates’ thoughts?
5. Do the girls keep their mind reading abilities at the end of this?
6. Are they the only people with the ability to mind read?
This seems like it has a lot of potential to be super funny, plus it got a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly! I feel like Mylnowski is superb at allowing you to live vicariously through people doing things that you want to do, but you don’t want to deal with consequences. She definitely gives her readers a fun time. I’m sorry that sounds weird, but it’s true!
Good news: We have less than a month to wait for this one! Don’t Even Think About It is coming out March 11, 2014.
Activities for you to partake in:
Pre-order it | Add it to your Goodreads TBR shelf
Share your Waiting on Wednesday!
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine to highlight books that are not quite out yet, that an individual (such as myself or you!) are anxiously waiting to be released. Check out what she is waiting on!