It’s Friday and you know what you should read this weekend?
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
by Sara Farizan
- You have first love + confusing crushes
- You have a funny and interesting main character, Leila, who narrates the trials of high school. She is absolutely adorable and super smart.
- Even though it’s 304 pages the pages are shorter, so this reads quickly. Perfect to finish in a weekend!
- Along with romance it has some pretty awesome friendship and familial story lines.
- It has a perspective that I haven’t ever read from– an Iranian-American girl who is still in the closet– which was super refreshing- especially when it came to Leila sharing her experiences at school and her fears with her sexuality.
- It’s funny! And wonderfully awkward in all of the real life ways.
This came into my life after listening to episode 8 [“Why Are Samosas in Every Book”] on the podcast See Something, Say Something. Check out the episode! It’s good :).