I am honored to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is a means for book bloggers to showcase other book bloggers they enjoy that have a smaller amount of followers.
I have actually been nominated a few times, but have been very late in posting a response to any of the nominations, so I would love to say thank you to the following people for nominating me:
Andie from The Book Heap! If you are looking for a book blog that talks about a variety of different books from contemporary young adult to fantasy and beyond, she is your girl (I have put a bunch of books on my TBR list because of her).
Jennifer from Bookjunkiez! If you are looking for a blog that incorporates snippets of everyday life and book reviews you should check Jennifer out.
Teenagethinking101! From daily life to music to books, if you are looking for a smattering of different types of posts you should definitely pay Teenagethinking101 a visit.
It appears the rules differ slightly for the Liebster award from blog to blog, so I will post Andie’s rules, but decrease the amount of questions and facts due to this post being already wayyyyy too long.
5 Random facts about me:
1. I currently have the Pink Sands candle from Yankee Candle lit and it is one of my favorite candles ever. Seriously. Go out and smell it if you can.
2. Right now I am obsessed with YouTube channels. One of my favorites at this moment is World of the Orange, but I can talk to you all day about all of the other channels I love.
3. I am growing Poppys in a pot and I am really nervous they will die.
4. One of my favorite things is moving furniture around.
5. I took Latin in college and really liked it, but I have since then forgotten a majority of everything I knew.
A few questions from The Book Heap, Bookjunkiez, and Teenagethinking101:
1.How have you found your book blogging experience so far?
Good! Haha. I have technically been book blogging since 2011, but it feels like only recently that I have really started book blogging due to me being more consistent and finally starting to get to know some other book bloggers better (which is the best thing ever). I try to keep book blogging pressure free, so while I am certainly not consistent or “the best” it is something I still enjoy doing and that is key to having a good blogging experience!
2.What is your favourite Season?
To my media overloaded brain I seriously thought this question was referring to TV. I don’t know! Spring! Mostly because you go from having a long winter and it is such a reward to have the warmer air and see things start to bud again. But I really do love all of them a lot, which is why I do enjoy living in the Midwest even if the weather can be sporadic. (Exhibit a- it is snowing and it is April. Surprise!)
3. Most influential book you’ve read?
Probably the Redwall series. That is one of those books that hit me at one of the perfect times. I was obsessed along with one of my best friends (she is the one that passed Redwall on to me to read ASAP) and it was like an entire world was opened up to me. We spent hours participating in RPG forums and making up our own stories. My sister and I tried to make scones because of the series. I also started my own website for the book. Brian Jacques just sort of invited you to be a part of this other world and create things yourself.
4. Most under-appreciated book in your opinion?
There are too many! One I would say is The Onion Girl by Charles DeLint. Maybe it’s because I don’t run around shouting about this book, but I still haven’t met anyone who has read that book and it is painfully beautiful.
5. Did you read much by yourself as a child?
All. The. Time.
6. Audiobooks: Yay, or Nay?
YAY. I’m currently hooked on the Nerdist podcast right now, so I don’t listen to audiobooks at this time but I have in the past! They are perfect for doing chores and walking the dog to.
7. Do you have a goodreads account?
YES. check check, check me out.
8. Do you want to be an author yourself? Or are you happy just to be a reader?
I have wanted to be an author since I was in elementary school all through college. While I am content in just being a reader right now, some part of me still wants to finish a book and have it published. I do write creatively sporadically and work on different stories intermittently, but at this time I haven’t put forth a lot of dedication to the cause. We will see!
9. What is your most embarrassing/scariest moment you have ever experienced?
I used to be absolutely petrified of public speaking. In high school I was doing a speech on animal abuse with a friend and I got overrun with nerves and started giggling nonstop.
10) Describe your most recent dream.
I had a random dream that revolved around Day9/Sean Plott being in my Physics class (which is something I have not taken in like 6 years). He had these tattoos on his forearm which looked kind of neat and was involved in this Romeo and Juliet storyline with this other girl in my class. I don’t know why Day9 was featured since I haven’t been watching his videos recently, but the Romeo and Juliet story line comes from me reading this book Juliet, which revolves around Romeo and Juliet.
11) How do you picture yourself in 10 years?
Some of my friends and I have been playing this game and it both terrifies and excites me. I would hope to be in a new city, a house/condo owner of some kind, be in a stable job that is challenging and somehow related to the library field, married maybe, still doing this blog (that would be kind of neat- huh?), have a golden retriever or other dog, have accomplished some things off of my “things that scare me but I want to do them” list and have added more to my things that scare me list.
12) List five of your favorite movies and songs.
This is so hard! But here we go:
1. You’ve Got Mail
2. The Holiday
3. Country Strong
4. 12 Angry Men
5. Love Actually
1. Almost every Sara Bareilles song
2. Almost every Taylor Swift Song
3. Honest Songs – Noah Gundersen
4. I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers
5. The Lowering — The Avett Brothers
13) If you had supernatural human powers, what would be your powers and who would you use your powers on?
The power of invisibility! I would use my powers on everyone- bwhahaha. But really. One of the things I love about reading is to see how other people live life. I would probably sneak into things I would otherwise probably never experience. Random meetings- certain conventions- employee only rooms in retail places- you know. All super stellar and interesting things- ha!
14.What is your favorite book?
I am worthless at these type of questions. I am going to choose two and I THINK these are my top two all time favorites. Otherwise they are *really* high up there: The Onion Girl by Charles DeLint and The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.
15. What is your most memorable family vacation?
Probably going to Arizona to see our cousins down there when we were way younger. We hiked on smaller mountains, had a Nerf war, stayed at a hotel that had a life-size chess set and overall had a lot of fun.
16. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A lot of places, but I think my first stop would be Ireland.
17. What is your favorite T.V. show?
18. What is your favorite book series?
Because of history I think I would have to say Redwall and Harry Potter.
I am extremely impressed if you read all of the above. So thank you! If you did! I am going to tag a few of my favorite people I am subscribed to that don’t have more than 1000 followers. So check them out!
1. Browsing Bookshelves
2. The Book Marauder
3. Books and Iced Coffee
4. Cracked Spine Books
5. Melanie’s Musings
6. The Girl Reads Books
You all are tasked with the job of answering the following questions if you would like:
1. What is your first memory of reading?
2. If you could have any author write your life, who would you choose to do it?
3. Besides reading, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
4. What genre or genres do you not read?
5. Where do you get the books you read?
6. How do you decide on what books you read?
7. Have you ever met an author? If so, tell me about it- if not who would you like to meet?
8. What is an average day like for you?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. How do you find other blogs to read?
11. What are you top 5 favorite singers/bands?
Whew! Thank you for sticking with me through this beast of a post! Even if I didn’t tag you, let me know how you would answer some of these questions.